Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Grade two writing class

If only I can go back to that class...

After looking at my penmanship today as I write the Christmas cards I want to send, I felt a sense of dread. Dread for the recipients of my card. I just hope they will get to read the little note I have written. I have never had the best penmanship considering that back in Grade two, Mrs. Manuel made sure that we had perfectly dotted our "i's" and the "j's" and "t's". Even with the practice cardboard we had made from the thick cardboard backing of our paper, I didn't reach the same level as some of my classmates have - delicate penmanship. My penmanship was okay but at least readable. But now, I don't think I can even read my own penmanship. It has gotten so bad to a point that I typed my letter for my parents. Quite impersonal but at least I know they will be able to read what I wrote. I don't think I have hand-written anything lately which contributes to the further decline of my already poor penmanship. I don't think its bad beyond repair, I think I just need more practice. Maybe when I start writing again, it would improve since when I do write a poem or a short story, I could never write them using a computer. Computers slow me down, believe it or not. It slows down my train of thought with my penchant for making sure the grammar and spelling are correct. I don't like it when my train of thought is disrupted especially if I am in a really good mood to write hence I write using good 'ol pen and paper until my fingers hurt. So I guess for the time being, people will just have to contend in trying to decipher exactly what it is I wrote. My apologies.

2 comments:

Oggi said...

It's good to know you still send Christmas cards and not eCards. Most of my friends send through the internet and a few the cards themselves. I still write and send Christmas cards for people in my list.:)

raissa said...

I try to! =) I think nothing beats handwritten letters, notes and cards. I still love getting stuff from the mail. Its more personal that way.