Friday, January 25, 2008

How this flu season was/is for me

I sound like New Year and 4th of July combined. My throat and chest hurts from coughing so much. I still sound horrible.

My sinuses hurt so bad it stings. My left eye hurts and I don't know why.

During the height of my fever, heat would actually come out of my eyes and steam my eye glasses. My room is usually the coldest one in the house being in a corner but I actually have to crack my window a little bit and don't wear socks. Thank goodness my fever is gone but my head still hurts because of my cold.

My nostrils are irritated from all that tissue rubbing and it hurts so bad. I had to make a choice between moisturizer and vaporub. I was heavily congested so I had to sleep through the stinging feeling by putting vaporub on my nostrils. Its not the best feeling in the world but at least I was able to sleep. I have this aversion to nighttime medications to relieve congestion because I have this paranoia of not waking up. I'd rather put vaporub and elevate my head to sleep than take anything to put me to sleep quicker.

Good thing through all these my appetite was never affected. Sure food tastes bland but I know I have to eat something so even if food tastes like paper I am going to eat it.

No comments: